[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29187: .notdef glyph (when copying text from a PDF in the excerpt) breaks the /feed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 22 03:03:21 UTC 2014

#29187: .notdef glyph (when copying text from a PDF in the excerpt) breaks the
/feed
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  softmodeling       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by softmodeling):

 Can I ask you to try with this pdf (which is the one that caused the issue
 in my case): [http://ecmfa2014.lcc.uma.es/resources/marsha_chechik.pdf]

 More specifically try copying the third paragraphp that starts with "Our
 specification". If when pasting the paragraph on your post, you get
 "specification" and not "specication" then, yes, probably your OS/PDF
 Reader combination is fixing the issue (I´m on Windows 7 with Adobe
 Reader).

 If you do get "specication", then you should still be able to display the
 post but get an error when accesing yourblog.com/RSS

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29187#comment:3>