[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29187: .notdef glyph (when copying text from a PDF in the excerpt) breaks the /feed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 22 01:54:22 UTC 2014

#29187: .notdef glyph (when copying text from a PDF in the excerpt) breaks the
/feed
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  softmodeling       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 I was able to copy the
 [http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/fb01/index.htm fi glyph]
 from the attached PDF file using Foxit Reader on Windows (I made sure it's
 a single glyph and not two separate characters).

 However, I could not reproduce the issues described here. It's displayed
 correctly for me in both the post content and the RSS feed, just like any
 other UTF-8 character.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29187#comment:2>