[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28080: Commenting possible on custom post type after support for commenting removed from CPT.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 30 18:41:52 UTC 2014

#28080: Commenting possible on custom post type after support for commenting
removed from CPT.
 Reporter:  Shelob9       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I have found that if a custom post type is created with support for
 comments, and post in that CPT exist, when removing support for comments
 from the CPT, it is still possible to post comments on existing posts in
 the CPT. Since the CPT no longer supports comments, there are no
 discussion controls available in the post editor so discussion can not be
 manually disabled for the posts created before support for comments was
 removed from the CPT.

 I am testing with trunk (4.0 alpha) and Twenty Fourteen.