[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27999: Problem with embedding WordPress Multisite in other PHP applications caused by path difference in ms-settings

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 24 15:24:42 UTC 2014

#27999: Problem with embedding WordPress Multisite in other PHP applications caused
by path difference in ms-settings
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  ivanbajalovic            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by jeremyfelt):

 Replying to [comment:4 ivanbajalovic]:
 > However, I did not quite understood your sentence "That it's worked thus
 far seems much more accidental than anything.". Does it mean that the
 ability to include WP inside an app was not planned to exist, that that
 was a side-effect?

 I think the accidental portion is the parsing of the request in `ms-
 settings.php` to find the proper network and site to boot when WP is
 included in an app when `$current_blog` and `$current_site` are not
 predefined.

 I can't answer the planned/side-effect question, but outside of the logic
 controlling that lookup, it seems that everything loads as one would
 expect.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27999#comment:5>