[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21435: wp-includes/comment.php line85 causes slow query due to the non-indexed column

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 23 11:51:47 UTC 2014

#21435: wp-includes/comment.php line85 causes slow query due to the non-indexed
column
-------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  matsubobo    |       Owner:  pento
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by pento):

 * milestone:  Future Release => 4.0

Comment:

 All things old become new again.

 As suggested by tellyworth some 4 years ago in #14711, I think a prefix
 index on `comment_author_email` would provide our best balance of
 performance vs. size.

 For index creation, I did a rough test on 1,000,000 rows, it took 10
 seconds with MyISAM, and 9 seconds with InnoDB.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21435#comment:14>