[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27935: Multisite get_site_option() does not cache empty string values in "SITE_ID:notoptions"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 21 01:51:34 UTC 2014

#27935: Multisite get_site_option() does not cache empty string values in
"SITE_ID:notoptions"
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  doublesharp                     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by doublesharp):

 That's probably true, however it's not being cached properly by
 wp_cache_set()  so the query is run on every request when the value is an
 empty string. I'll do more testing in case it's specific to my setup using
 memcache, but in any event the result should end up somewhere in a cache
 so it's not making unnecessary calls to the database although my
 suggestion might not be the proper way to go about it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27935#comment:4>