[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27846: Removing query string from style link causes TinyMCE link button to display at bottom of page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 18 20:42:26 UTC 2014

#27846: Removing query string from style link causes TinyMCE link button to display
at bottom of page
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Autumn Lansing  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by Autumn Lansing):

 No, caching is not being used on my development machine. I've also tested
 it on three different installs with the same result. It worked up to
 3.8.3, but not in 3.9.

 Some proxy caching services won't cache files with query strings. Google
 Page Speed also dislikes query strings, and it's believed to have an
 effect on rankings. Some also prefer to place their own query strings with
 the file's actual version other than the WP version.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27846#comment:3>