[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24760: Creating default object from empty value in wp-includes/ms-settings.php on line 111

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 15 17:10:56 UTC 2014

#24760: Creating default object from empty value in wp-includes/ms-settings.php on
line 111
-------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  conner_bw          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by uglyrobot):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 I've confirmed this exists in stock subdomain Multisite with no plugins or
 dropins. WP 3.8.3.

 {{{
 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /srv/www/wordpress-
 multisite/htdocs/wp-includes/ms-settings.php on line 107
 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /srv/www/wordpress-
 multisite/htdocs/wp-includes/ms-settings.php on line 108
 Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /srv/www/wordpress-
 multisite/htdocs/wp-includes/ms-settings.php on line 111
 }}}

 It seems to me the best option is to keep wp-activate.php links in email
 at the main site, just like wp-signup.php always is. Linking to the
 subsite seems strange to me, especially as it uses the main site theme
 anyway.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24760#comment:14>