[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27820: mediaelementplayer.min.css and wp-mediaelement.css loading twice in WordPress 3.9-RC2 on TinyMCE pages

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 15 14:09:39 UTC 2014

#27820: mediaelementplayer.min.css and wp-mediaelement.css loading twice in
WordPress 3.9-RC2 on TinyMCE pages
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  n7studios       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  TinyMCE         |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Using the latest WordPress (3.9-RC2), I have noticed that
 mediaelementplayer.min.css and wp-mediaelement.css are loading twice, once
 in WordPress, and once through TinyMCE - on any page that loads TinyMCE.

 On an admin page that does not load TinyMCE, these files are not loaded at
 all (expected behaviour). I have attached a screenshot of Chrome's Network
 > Stylesheets tab which indicates the files being loaded more than once
 each.

 Do these files need to be loaded twice (a total of four times across both
 files), or should they just be loaded once each?

 This was discovered as we were investigating an issue in relation to the
 limits of CSS styles that can be loaded in IE6-9. More information on this
 issue in IE is available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262161