[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27814: Automatic updates should not be silently disabled if I have .hg in file system root

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 15 12:46:36 UTC 2014

#27814: Automatic updates should not be silently disabled if I have .hg in file
system root
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jgehrcke         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:2 jgehrcke]:
 > > [...] since that's the default and it would only be specified if
 someone really wanted it.
 > Should that have been "since that's **not** the default"?

 Well, the constant is not set by default, but updating to minor versions
 only is the default for the logic in [source:tags/3.8.3/src/wp-
 admin/includes/class-wp-upgrader.php#L1454
 Core_Upgrader::should_update_to_version()].

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27814#comment:3>