[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27743: "Change role to..." omitted from bottom of users table shown to single site admin in multi-site

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 9 21:01:48 UTC 2014

#27743: "Change role to..." omitted from bottom of users table shown to single site
admin in multi-site
 Reporter:  sootsnoot     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  3.7.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui            |
 For more background, see multisite forum discussion
 [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-can-a-multisite-site-admin-
 change-a-users-role?replies=6#post-5437492] where the mod thought this
 might be worth a ticket.

 Browsing the current sources for trunk, I can see that the problem is
 present at line 206: [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src
 /wp-admin/includes/class-wp-users-list-table.php#L206]

 My personal feeling is that even for filtering controls, having them
 present in the line of controls at the top of tables but absent in the
 line at the bottom of the tables is not a good idea, but I'll concede that
 it's debatable.

 However, I believe that for this case of showing the "Change role to..."
 bulk action at the top of the users shown to single-site admins in a
 multi-site network, but omitting it from the bottom of the table, where it
 clearly ought to be present beside the Bulk Actions control, is a bug.

 The attached screenshot shows the problem (using 3.7.1).  Deleting these
 lines from the trunk version of {{{class-wp-users-list-table.php}}} fixes
 the problem (tested in 3.7.1).