[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27626: wp_check_browser_version() collects information for WP and potentially poses privacy concerns, also causes slow load time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 8 02:49:53 UTC 2014

#27626: wp_check_browser_version() collects information for WP and potentially
poses privacy concerns, also causes slow load time
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  chris.mcmacken     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new

Comment (by chris.mcmacken):

 Replying to [comment:4 nacin]:
 > Hi chris, sounds like you have something weird going on, then. The
 request is made once per week and stored in a transient in the DB. There
 are two reasons why the request may be happening every time:

 >  * Your user agent is changing on every request
 >  * Transients are not being stored persistently
 >
 > If you have a wp-content/object-cache.php file, that would point to the
 second bullet.

 I do not have any object-cache.php file, and my user agent is not changing
 on every request. Any other ideas? It would be good to pinpoint this
 caching bug, if indeed that's what is causing it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27626#comment:7>