[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27538: Widget Customizer: Persistent object cache/Transients causes certain previewed widgets to leak outside of customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 3 00:29:58 UTC 2014

#27538: Widget Customizer: Persistent object cache/Transients causes certain
previewed widgets to leak outside of customizer
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:

Comment (by westonruter):

 In `27538.4.patch`, I added `WP_Widget::is_preview()` which widgets should
 be using to determine whether they should cache or not, and this is now
 utilized on Recent Posts and Recent Comments. Like ocean90, I also tried
 adding `wp_suspend_cache_addition()` but in practice this will have no
 effect because the cache will have been populated already if the user had
 visited the site before, and `wp_suspend_cache_addition()` only blocks
 cache additions not cache updates, and it doesn't even block additions
 unless the object cache honors it, and neither Memcached Object Cache nor
 APC Object Cache do, so it really adds no practical benefit if it only
 blocks cache additions in the core non-persistent object cache.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27538#comment:13>