[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25358: Last-Modified header is ' GMT' for feeds on sites with no approved comments when using a static Posts page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 29 04:20:57 UTC 2013

#25358: Last-Modified header is ' GMT' for feeds on sites with no approved comments
when using a static Posts page
 Reporter:  joeybvi       |       Owner:

Comment (by nacin):

 There are two separate issues here. Obviously, this code is pretty old and
 the Last-Modified times are not necessarily reliable (which isn't great).

 I think the best initial fix would be to not print a Last-Modified header
 when we have no comments (but when that's the data point we're using). Or,
 to use the last modified time for posts in this case, which probably makes
 more sense.

 I'm not sure we should call get_lastpostmodified() always, though, without
 fixing #15499.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25358#comment:1>