[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24143: When define('WP_CONTENT_DIR', 'your-dir') twentythirteen - The theme directory does not exist.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 28 07:44:41 UTC 2013

#24143: When define('WP_CONTENT_DIR', 'your-dir') twentythirteen - The theme
directory does not exist.
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  azizur             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by azizur):

 According to
 [http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_theme_directory
 Codex] and [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-
 includes/theme.php#L297 implementation code] one should be able to
 register any path in the filesystem as additional theme directory.

 However it does not seems to be working that way.

 The two methods [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24143#comment:9
 described above] suggest that path defined in `$directory` argument must
 be within the `WP_CONTENT_DIR`.

 Take the example layout below.

 {{{
 /root
 /root/wordpress <- WordPress core
 /root/wp-content <- the WP_CONTENT_DIR
 }}}

 Now try to register the themes that are included in WordPress core plus
 the ones in `WP_CONTENT_DIR`.

 So in the `/root/wp-content/mu-plugins/register-default-theme.php`

 {{{
 register_theme_directory( '/root/wordpress/wp-content/themes' );
 }}}

 Thus the `$wp_theme_directories` should have:

 {{{
 /root/wordpress/wp-content/themes
 /root/wp-content/themes
 }}}

 Because we defined `WP_CONTENT_DIR` we should end up with themes from both
 directories in the wp-admin, unless I am missing something.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24143#comment:10>