[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25644: strip_shortcodes always removes text between shortcode tags, should be optional

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 21 21:22:41 UTC 2013

#25644: strip_shortcodes always removes text between shortcode tags, should be
optional
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jonscaife               |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
Changes (by gMagicScott):

 * cc: scott@… (added)
 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch dev-feedback

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:3 jonscaife]:
 > Your solution sounds much smarter than mine!  As long as it's possible
 to avoid the distortion of content it works for me.  Thanks

 My proposed patch would expose the three arguments to the filter function,
 an empty string, the shortcode attributes array, and the content. All the
 function would need to do in your case is return the content

 {{{
 function my_filter_strip_shortcode_tag_highlight( $value, $attr, $content
 = null ) {
     if ( null === $content ) {
         return $val;
     }

     return $content;
 }

 add_filter( 'strip_shortcode_tag_highlight',
 'my_filter_strip_shortcode_tag_highlight', 10, 3 );

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25644#comment:4>