[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25330: Twenty Fourteen: Filter the home page posts and remove post formatted posts that are visible in the ephemera widgets

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 10 15:20:42 UTC 2013

#25330: Twenty Fourteen: Filter the home page posts and remove post formatted posts
that are visible in the ephemera widgets
-------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  iamtakashi               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by obenland):

 Replying to [comment:10 kraftbj]:
 > My last pitch for a possible change in thought, using myself as the test
 case.
 > My final pitch. :-)

 Never stop fighting!

 [[BR]]

 I think I was a bit too quick in my reaction. We narrow the results only
 down when we are on the front page, not on any subsequent page. I think
 does kind of make sense take all posts of that format out, to avoid
 showing older posts of the same format more prominently than newer posts.

 Having said that, the purpose of the widget is to bring formatted posts to
 the reader's attention that would otherwise be hidden in subsequent pages.
 One could also argue to not remove the posts in the first place.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25330#comment:11>