[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20069: Wordpress upgrade process removed executable bits on .php files and so broke Wordpress

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 7 17:59:56 UTC 2013

#20069: Wordpress upgrade process removed executable bits on .php files and so
broke Wordpress
-------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  gerv                     |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:15 dd32]:
 > I'm however curious if your permissions were bad to begin with, What
 should ABSPATH actually be set to? Are you forcing the Direct transport?
 Were the file ownerships of the files correct?  `755` would only be needed
 if the owner+group are completely different which shouldn't be the case.

 No, I'm not forcing the Direct transport, and I didn't change the default
 permissions set by the hosting provider. I can give you an SSH access if
 you'd like to take a closer look at file ownerships.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20069#comment:19>