[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24799: Default comment form title and div id attributes prevent multiple use of comment form on a page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 7 12:59:29 UTC 2013

#24799: Default comment form title and div id attributes prevent multiple use of
comment form on a page
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  BjornW                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by BjornW):

 I've changed content.php of the TwentyThirteen theme to use as a test:
 instead of displaying a comment link using comments_popup_link(), I'm
 using comment_form() to directly display the comment form beneath each
 post and this will cause multiple html validation errors due to id's being
 used multiple times on a page. After applying my patch all id errors are
 gone and you will be able to use multiple comment forms in your theme.
 This needs more testing especially by theme builders. My new patch is
 applicable for rev25588 of comment-template.php

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24799#comment:5>