[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20069: Wordpress upgrade process removed executable bits on .php files and so broke Wordpress

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 1 03:42:26 UTC 2013

#20069: Wordpress upgrade process removed executable bits on .php files and so
broke Wordpress
-------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  gerv                     |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:13 dd32]:
 > We can increase the minimum to 0755 and 0644 if need be (which is what
 they were at previously)

 [25469] broke one of my sites.

 After upgrading the [http://wordpress.org/plugins/audio-player/ Audio
 Player] plugin, I noticed that its JS files failed to load. Turned out the
 permissions for `wp-content/plugins/audio-player` were reset to 750 on
 upgrade. Once I changed them to 755 (the value used for other
 directories), the files started loading again.

 I guess we should restore 0755/0644. For reference, the `ABSPATH`
 permissions on my hosting are:
 {{{
 fileperms( ABSPATH ): 0710
 fileperms( ABSPATH . 'index.php' ): 0644
 }}}
 Looks like files in the root directory would have failed to load too, but
 somehow they all load fine. The issue only affects the directories inside
 `ABSPATH`.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20069#comment:14>