[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26290: wp_kses_normalize_entities destroys some valid entities that ent2ncr supports

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 27 14:43:52 UTC 2013

#26290: wp_kses_normalize_entities destroys some valid entities that ent2ncr
supports
 Reporter:  westi         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Formatting    |    Version:  3.7
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch
 We have a list of common html entities we convert for feeds.

 We have a different list of entities kses allows.

 They don't overlap and you can't extend the kses config to allow for all
 of them because it doesn't support entities like ¼