[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26259: New admin styling: Checkbox alignment in Menus page for menu location is off when multiple possible locations are present

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 26 10:50:24 UTC 2013

#26259: New admin styling: Checkbox alignment in Menus page for menu location is
off when multiple possible locations are present
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Hanni           |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  minor           |   Keywords:  needs-patch
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 When creating a menu on nav-menus.php in trunk, and the theme has multiple
 possible locations (such as is the case with Twenty Fourteen), the
 alignment of the second location checkbox falls below the section title
 (in this case "theme locations"), and is out of line with the previous
 checkbox thus not only looking untidy but introducing a level of confusion
 (see attached screenshot).

 I had a look around and it seems that in [trac 24567] @markjaquith pushed
 the checkboxes onto their own line below the section title to accommodate
 longer strings in non-English languages. Apparently the new admin CSS
 doesn't have the same issue (I played around with longer strings and
 couldn't reproduce the overlap issue, but I could be wrong) and so the
 checkboxes are no longer on their own line as was the case in 3.6, and
 3.7. This is wonderful, but does therefore introduce this quirk (I think).