[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26238: WP Post content editor - border between editor and word count appears too thick.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 25 16:51:39 UTC 2013

#26238: WP Post content editor - border between editor and word count appears too
thick.
 Reporter:  mattheu       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch
 On the edit screen in the admin, the border at the between the bottom of
 the post content editor and the bar that displays the word count appears
 to be 2px when I think it should probably be 1px. See screenshot.

 [[Image(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pavi9lwfr66amua/2013-11-25%20at%2016.29.png)]]

 This is not actually caused by a border - but because the `wp-editor-
 container` has the styles `position: relative; top: -1px;` - nudging this
 element up by 1px and creating a gap allowing the body background color to
 show through. This can be seen by setting the body background color to
 red. See screenshot 2

 [[Image(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gz2npt2tv18wgsj/2013-11-25%20at%2016.34.png)]]

 This was originally done to correctly align the tabs to switch editors
 (visual/text) however I think it would be better to align the tabs to the
 editor container - rather than the other way round.

 Attaching a patch to fix this.