[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25626: Twenty Fourteen (and Thirteen): Gallery Captions are Not Touch-Accessible and Behave Inconsistently

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 6 08:38:19 UTC 2013

#25626: Twenty Fourteen (and Thirteen): Gallery Captions are Not Touch-Accessible
and Behave Inconsistently
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Replying to [comment:1 lancewillett]:
 > As an author I'd rather people open up the single image detail (to view
 it larger) and read the caption there.
 If users want to look at most of the images larger to see the comments (or
 if the comments form a narrative, for example), the incredible slowness of
 huge issue on the desktop and especially on mobile. So that does push more
 importance to the index views. I agree with you, though, if it were even
 half as fast as the experinece is on .com, requiring viewing the single
 view to see the caption would be best.

 We do also need to address the buggy/inconsistent behavior in IE with
 touch even if we decide to keep the captions hidden from touch, though.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25626#comment:2>