[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25542: Function "set_site_transient" is executed twice for plugins - Is it necessary?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 1 01:48:53 UTC 2013

#25542: Function "set_site_transient" is executed twice for plugins - Is it
necessary?
 Reporter:  johnstonphilip                       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnstonphilip):

 Just tested this again in 3.7.1.

 Problem and solution appear to be the same. The lines have changed as
 follows from 3.6.1 to 3.7.1:

 Line 47 is now Line 58 (Removed this line and no errors seem to appear)
 Line 120 is now Line 149 (Keep this line).

 Line 195 is now Line 229 (Removed this line and no errors seem to appear)
 Line 217 is now Line 280 (Keep this line).

 Line 302 is now Line 369 (Removed this line and no errors seem to appear)
 Line 302 is now Line 417 (Keep this line).

 I have done multiple tests again on this and can confirm that in my tests,
 no errors have appeared.

 If you would like to test this out for yourself, replace all the code in
 the wp-includes/update.php file with this code:
 http://pastebin.com/ep3w2zUy

 In that code I have commented out the duplicate set_site_transient
 function calls for core, plugins and themes.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25542#comment:4>