[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24449: Attachment display settings in the Media Library are ignored for audio and video inside 'Standard' post format and pages

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 29 13:02:22 UTC 2013

#24449: Attachment display settings in the Media Library are ignored for audio and
video inside 'Standard' post format and pages
 Reporter:  sennza        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Post Formats  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  2nd-opinion
 Sometimes both clients and I will upload audio and video files through the
 media uploader and link them to Attachment Pages so that people can do the
 old right click -> Save link as... thang.

 Currently in trunk the Link to Attachment Page in the "ATTACHMENT DISPLAY
 SETTINGS" is ignored for audio and video and the new [audio] and [video]
 shortcodes are applied no matter what is selected.

 I can understand that this is desirable behaviour in both the Audio and
 Video post formats to reduce confusion for the user but I think it would
 be acceptable to remove those shortcodes in the Standard post format and
 for Pages (and CPTs) as well. '''i.e. Give the user some control when
 acceptable.'''

 To reproduce this upload either an .mp3 or .mp4 through the media uploader
 in a Standard Post format or in a Page and under "ATTACHMENT DISPLAY
 SETTINGS" choose "Link To Attachment Page" and the shortcodes for audio
 and video will be apply so that MediaElement.js will be triggered.

 I'm not sure if this is the desired behaviour so I'll tag this as a 2nd-
 opinion.