[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24415: The 'show_in_admin_all_list' argument for the 'register_post_status' function is ignored when the argument 'public' is set to 'false'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat May 25 00:06:52 UTC 2013

#24415: The 'show_in_admin_all_list' argument for the 'register_post_status'
function is ignored when the argument 'public' is set to 'false'
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  XyntaMan        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  3.5.1
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,

 I stumbled upon a bug in the admin section of WordPress. I'm currently
 running the latest release (3.5.1) without any third-party plugins.

 After creating some custom post statuses via the 'register_post_status'
 function, I noticed that posts with them do not appear in the default
 (all) post listing in the admin section, despite me setting the
 'show_in_admin_all_list' argument to 'true'.

 I narrowed this problem down only to the 'public' argument of the same
 ('register_post_status') function: if the 'public' argument of custom post
 status is set to 'true', then everything works as expected and the posts
 with a custom post status appear in the default (all) post listing in the
 admin section — but this also makes posts with that custom post status
 appear to the regular users, making them public, hence the name of the
 argument.

 It's worth noting that the 'public' argument has no such buggy effect on
 the 'show_in_admin_status_list' argument of the same
 ('register_post_status') function: it doesn't matter to what the 'public'
 argument is set — the links to the appropriate post statuses are showed at
 the top of the post listing only based on the 'show_in_admin_status_list'
 argument, just like it should.