[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24352: It is not obvious what does "Edit" mean in the info (bottom) part of the media selection window

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 16 14:34:34 UTC 2013

#24352: It is not obvious what does "Edit" mean in the info (bottom) part of the
media selection window
 Reporter:  mark-k        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:  3.5
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 1. Edit a post
 2. click "add media"
 3. select a media
 4. the bottom part of the window contains an "edit" link

 It seems like Edit mode just lets the user rearrange the order of the
 selected media. Maybe it is my english but when I rearrange icons on my
 desktop I don't think about it as editing. The use of "Edit" in that
 context just feels strange and confusing.