[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24334: "edit_form_after_title" and "edit_form_after_editor" hooks wrapper optional?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 14 10:51:21 UTC 2013

#24334: "edit_form_after_title" and "edit_form_after_editor" hooks wrapper
optional?
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  lemmonaid       |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:  2nd-opinion
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Would it be possible to make the `DIV.edit-form-section` wrapper applied
 around `edit_form_after_title` and `edit_form_after_editor` hooks in
 post/page edit screen optional in WP3.6? Or create additional non-wrapped
 hooks besides?

 [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-admin/edit-form-
 advanced.php#L462]
 [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-admin/edit-form-
 advanced.php#L502]

 These wrappers were actually introduced in WP3.6, the WP3.5 version was
 without them.

 '''Explanation of what I do:'''
 * `edit_form_after_title` hook - I output UL list of tabbed interface here
 and open the first tab content DIV
 * `edit_form_after_editor` hook - I close the first tab content DIV and
 output the other tab content DIVs

 The first content DIV is always a visual editor. But as you can see, when
 I open the DIV in one hook and closing it in another one, this was working
 fine in WP3.5 as no wrapper was added to those hooks. Once there is a
 wrapper, it obviously messes up the HTML and closes divs prematurely. This
 is causing issues obviously for tabbed interface.

 Screenshot: [http://awesomescreenshot.com/09915rzc37]
 Ticket started on Alpha/Beta support forum:
 [http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrapper-of-edit_form_after_title-and-
 edit_form_after_editor-hooks-optional]

 Thank you!