[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24254: Big images break side-by-side revision viewer + inconsistency when displaying images

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat May 4 17:30:32 UTC 2013

#24254: Big images break side-by-side revision viewer + inconsistency when
displaying images
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  a.hoereth     |       Owner:

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 Replying to [comment:16 adamsilverstein]:
 > Replying to [comment:13 a.hoereth]:
 > > Replying to [comment:12 adamsilverstein]:
 > > > i tried [attachment:24254-2.patch 24254-2.patch] but it just let the
 image get as wide as the html said and i got a big horizontal scroll bar
 on large images i inserted in my testing; ( see http://cl.ly/OjVO )
 > > Just updated [attachment:24254-2.patch 24254-2.patch]. Which browser
 are you using? Firefox requires the newly added table-layout: fixed
 property for it to work.

 > > > actually, i don't think we can really safely resize the images might
 have unintended side effects, plus what if a user inserts several small
 images in a row?
 > > Multiple images just extend to a new line. We can't provide a perfect
 wysiwyg layout here: we have less than the post editors width. I think no
 one expects that.

 > > > what about setting max-width on the containing td's and setting
 their overflow to hidden or scroll? i think that should enforce a neat
 layout regardless of content.
 required. The scrollbar breaks the "this is one text" feeling. I do not
 like it. I also tried to add a scrollbar to each column on its own.. But
 this seems to require div instead of a table.

 > mostly testing in firefox, latest, osx; will test your latest patches,
 thanks!

 this works perfect for me now, great!

 (sorry about the patch name i thought we were using trac auto-naming, but
 had dashes instead)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24254#comment:17>