[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13118: wp-login.php and wp-admin folder location/name choice during the installation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 13 21:21:20 UTC 2013

#13118: wp-login.php and wp-admin folder location/name choice during the
installation
-------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  MSNexus            |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by nacin):

 If you want this kind of security, rather than the random URL, use basic
 HTTP authentication, or add an authentication method (two-factor).

 I'm not sure if we will implement in core the ability to rename wp-admin,
 but if we do, it A) won't be done for security reasons, and B) won't be
 done anytime soon. This remains a strong wontfix in my book.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13118#comment:8>