[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23722: Twenty Thirteen: toggling Display Header Text in Theme Customizer not working

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 13 11:50:34 UTC 2013

#23722: Twenty Thirteen: toggling Display Header Text in Theme Customizer not
working
---------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  rachelbaker    |       Owner:  lancewillett
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by kovshenin):

 I can reproduce this broken color issue with both Twenty Eleven and Twenty
 Thirteen and I think it's not related to the theme at all. The trick here
 is that both fields (text-color and display-header-text) are actually one
 single setting. In wp-admin/custom-header.php, we check the value for a
 color, and if a color is not found, we set it to `blank`, so setting an
 empty text-color results in `blank`, which is fine, but do note that we
 never set the `header_textcolor` mod to an empty string.

 In the Customizer, on the other hand, both `sanitize_hex_color_no_hash`
 and `sanitize_hex_color` are allowed to return an empty string, which is
 then passed on to the `header_textcolor` theme mod.

 I feel that the broken part is in wp-admin/js/customize-controls.js when
 juggling the two controls -- the setting isn't reset to its default color
 when the checkbox is checked and the value is `blank`. I can't think of a
 good way to fix this yet.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23722#comment:10>