[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23730: When deleting a user, skip asking what do do with their posts if they don't have any

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 9 10:32:50 UTC 2013

#23730: When deleting a user, skip asking what do do with their posts if they don't
have any
-----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  benjmay          |       Type:  enhancement
 When deleting one or many users, I don't think it makes sense, and is an
 unnecessary click to ask someone what to do with their posts if they
 haven't made any.

 It's a tiny time saver for administrators.

 I put a quick proof of concept together, essentially checking that any of
 the user(s) about to be deleted have any kind of post, and if they don't,
 just show a hidden input to run the default delete action on the next
 step, rather than re-assign.

 I also put a check on the jQuery in the header, that if that hidden field
 exists, it doesn't disable the submit button.

 I'm not sure if a text line with words to the effect of "This user has no
 posts that need to be dealt with" - incase they are expecting those two
 options.