[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23684: wp-admin CSS style conflicts with jQuery-UI breaking form elements in Firefox

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 5 22:06:11 UTC 2013

#23684: wp-admin CSS style conflicts with jQuery-UI breaking form elements in
Firefox
----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  Colin84         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by Colin84):

 Replying to [comment:4 helen]:
 > `display: none` defeats the purpose of having accessibility text; please
 don't do that in your theme or plugin. I'd look into what jQuery UI does
 in their CSS themes and adjust to that, which we should also do for core.

 OK, I've figured out that just changing the line top:-1000em; to top:
 auto; in the wordpress CSS file will also fix the problem, at least in
 Firefox. This shouldn't affect anything for accessibility and there is
 really no need to set the elements to left: -1000em AND top: -1000em;
 moving them that far left already pushes it off the screen.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23684#comment:6>