[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24867: Feeds for custom posts type can not be set independently of has_archive and supports => comments

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 29 00:12:27 UTC 2013

#24867: Feeds for custom posts type can not be set independently of has_archive and
supports => comments
 Reporter:  marcosf       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Post Types    |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 I was testing the patch for ticket (Feeds or Feed - add_permastruct
 missunderstanding: #23302) and discovered a few things (I'm using trunk
 rev 19712).

 Turning of feeds for custom post types only works if supports feeds &
 has_archive are set to either false or true.

 If you, e.g. set the argument feeds in rewrite to true and has_archive to
 false then the rewrite rules for feeds do not get created (some happens of
 you switch true & false around in both arguments).

 This happens due to this condition in /wp-includes/post.php, line 1242:
  if ( ! isset( $args->rewrite['feeds'] ) OR ! $args->has_archive )
   $args->rewrite['feeds'] = (bool) $args->has_archive;

 Another problem I run into is that:
 With the patch for ticket (#23302) you can not enable/disable the comments
 feed independent of the main feed of the custom post type. It also does
 not get disabled if you do not enabled comments via supports. Rewrite
 rules for feeds seem to always get created.

 I've attached an example to showcase what I wrote above.