[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24695: Disabling the Save and Publish buttons when heartbeat connection is in error state

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 18 14:09:31 UTC 2013

#24695: Disabling the Save and Publish buttons when heartbeat connection is in
error state
----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz          |       Owner:  carldanley
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by nacin):

 a bit to match existing dev patterns) is tested and works.

 Two things:
  1. I feel like a "Try again" link is still going to be useful for people
 who want immediate gratification. A spinner could be used — and in fact,
 it may not be a bad idea for a spinner to always be spinning here, since
 we want them to know we're actively trying to regain connection.
  2. We should consider telling them (assuming window.sessionStorage) that
 we're trying to log their data to the browser, in case there's an issue.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24695#comment:12>