[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23684: wp-admin CSS style conflicts with jQuery-UI breaking form elements in Firefox

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 10 18:41:00 UTC 2013

#23684: wp-admin CSS style conflicts with jQuery-UI breaking form elements in
Firefox
----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  Colin84                           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  new

Comment (by nacin):

 `.ui-helper-hidden-accessible` is a CSS class that is actually used in
 jQuery UI. It was added in 1.9, and is mostly used in autocomplete. See
 #22166.

 We added that class to our existing `.screen-reader-text` declaration
 because the structural CSS that jQuery UI expects to be loaded is not
 usually/always loaded on WordPress admin screens. So, for example,
 autocomplete is used, but wp-includes/css/jquery-ui-dialog.css is not
 enqueued.

 I wasn't questioning the CSS properties in [attachment:css-
 conflicts.23684.diff]. (I'll let others weigh in on whether we should move
 to clip.) Only that `.ui-helper-hidden-accessible` has gone missing.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23684#comment:12>