[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24553: "{user} is currently editing" messages on post listing screen causes items on screen to move around

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 5 22:15:12 UTC 2013

#24553: "{user} is currently editing" messages on post listing screen causes items
on screen to move around
----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by kadamwhite):

 A video roughly showing what I did with CSS3:
 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7464197/LockSlideInOut.mov (one or two
 minor tweaks out-of-date, but representative of the overall effect).

 I haven't fully tested this cross-browser, and the actual styles used for
 the transition are up for debate, but it's my understanding that the
 jQuery team is recommending the use of CSS3 for minor animations such as
 this.

 Height on the lock icon was adjusted to make the box model height of its
 container match between the locked and unlocked states.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24553#comment:6>