[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24675: Reduce the number of clicks needed to update the permalink to match a changed title to just one click.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 2 23:11:50 UTC 2013

#24675: Reduce the number of clicks needed to update the permalink to match a
changed title to just one click.
 Reporter:  pbearne      |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor       |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  has-patch
 This a very simple patch but is solves a real annoyance. If you change you
 title the permalink becomes stale and to update you have the follow clicks

 click edit
 click in the input change or Ctl+a and delete content
 click save

 this is a pain

 this patch adds a re-sync button which does all of the above.

 I thought about having a check box / page option to lock the the title and
 the permalink to together until published syncing on blur but this would
 need more user testing so kept it simple and wanted to see if I could get
 this blessed first.