[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23259: Allow filtering the $function parameter of add_filter(), has_filter() and remove_filter()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 24 21:11:56 UTC 2013

#23259: Allow filtering the $function parameter of add_filter(), has_filter() and
remove_filter()
------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  MikeSchinkel            |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  closed

Comment (by MikeSchinkel):

 Replying to [comment:8 scribu]:
 > > How can we give site builders a documented approach to be able to
 remove hooks no matter that you build plugins one way and I build them
 another?

 > We can't, unless we force plugin authors to build plugins a certain way.
 Flexibility or uniformity: choose one.

 Where did I say "force?"  I said ''"give plugin developers a method to
 support the documented approach."''  There are equivalent scenarios all
 over Codex where guidance on how best to implement something is given.
 This should be no different.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23259#comment:9>