[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23259: Allow filtering the $function parameter of add_filter(), has_filter() and remove_filter()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 22 15:33:30 UTC 2013

#23259: Allow filtering the $function parameter of add_filter(), has_filter() and
remove_filter()
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  MikeSchinkel            |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  new

Comment (by scribu):

 So, there are actually 2 aspects raised in this ticket:

 1) Being able to filter the callback.

 The problem exists, but the solution is overkill. In summary:

 Yo dawg, I heard you liked filters, so we put an `apply_filters()` in your
 `add_filter()` so you can filter while you filter!

 2) Making `remove_action( 'the_content',
 'My_Plugin_Main_Class::the_content' );` work. I've opened a new ticket for
 that: #23265

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23259#comment:5>