[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23436: Media Gallery - Cropping Image and then Cropping a thumbnail from that crop doesn't work.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 10 17:20:00 UTC 2013

#23436: Media Gallery - Cropping Image and then Cropping a thumbnail from that crop
doesn't work.
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  gr33nman         |       Type:  defect (bug)
 '''A recipe for repeating the bug behavior:'''

 Navigate to Library in the admin sidebar.

 Click "Add new".

 Drag the 800x480 copy of this or any image to the drag and drop area:

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cheese_platter.jpg

 (I suggest this image for ease of recipe duplication and best
 explanation.)

 After the blue status bar has completed, "Edit" to bring the media edit
 window up in a new tab.

 Click "Edit Image" below the actual image.

 Drag anywhere inside the image to create a cropping box.

 In the "Image crop" pane, set the crop area to 500px width, 100px height.

 Drag the cropping box so that the fancy toothpick is as far left as
 possible along the horizontal axis of the cropping box, but centered
 vertically.

 Click the "Crop" icon. Click "Save". Click "Update".

 Click "Edit Image" once again.

 Drag inside the newly-cropped image again to create a new cropping box.

 In the "Image Crop" pane, change the cropping dimensions to 150 x 100.

 Drag the box so the fancy toothpick is somewhere in the left third within
 the crop boundary.

 '''Important:''' In the thumbnail settings pane, set "Apply Settings to:"
 '''Thumbnail'''.

 Click the "Crop" icon. Click "Save". Click "Update".

 Click "Library" in the admin sidebar.

 The newly preferred thumbnail for our previously-cropped image does not
 save. Thumbnail remains default, based on center of previously-cropped
 image. Instead, you will see a small wheel of cheese sliced into six
 wedges with garnishes for the thumbnail, even though we chose the part
 with the fancy toothpick.