[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23352: Revision changes on post edit screen - add revision count and link to view revisions to publish meta box

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 1 04:50:10 UTC 2013

#23352: Revision changes on post edit screen - add revision count and link to view
revisions to publish meta box
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  adamsilverstein         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 Replying to [comment:1 nacin]:
 > I think there is already a lot of data in the Publish box. We do have a
 revisions meta box, but it is hidden by default because it has fairly
 boring/useless output — just dates and names. If it had more metrics or
 visuals to it (as has been discussed, of course), it could be worth making
 it shown by default, or at least the basic count of revisions shown by
 default (with the rest of the box being expanded).

 > On the other hand, if the thought is to dissolve the meta box and
 instead have a single Publish meta box linking to revision.php, that's not
 a terrible idea.

 the idea is closer to the latter, dissolve the existing list, and instead
 only have a link into the revisions screen, where the list of revisions is
 found. i put the link in the publish box near the publish button because i
 think most users need revisions immediately after clicking publish or
 update and realizing they have messed something up.

 the other idea to make revisions easier to find was to a show a link to
 revisions in the confirmation message after publishing/updating, but i
 prefer a more permanent link.

 i agree the publish box is getting crowded, especially with the edit
 workflow revision changes. i'm going to mock up moving most/all of these
 functions into an additional meta box and really simplifying the publish
 box -  '''already''' too full of options. not sure what to call this box.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23352#comment:2>