[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26571: Increase flexibility of "At a Glance" Dashboard Widget to match "Right Now" Widget

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 19 09:30:53 UTC 2013

#26571: Increase flexibility of "At a Glance" Dashboard Widget to match "Right Now"
Widget
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  mrwweb          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by Latz):

 1) The action is a good idea to be able to do arbitrary stuff.

 2) I like the `array( 'class' => '{class}', 'li' => '{list item html} )`
 pattern better because using the class as the key name like in the first
 pattern you've proposed is not very intuitive in my mind.
 Secondly I would not use the key name "li" since it assumes that the
 markup uses a list. This may change in the future. I would suggest "item"
 or "content":`array( 'item' => '{item html}, 'class' => '{class}' )`

 Your questions:
 1) No objections.
 2) Looked through the filters and couldn't find anything similar.
 3) Same opinion. Additionally all usages of the current filter forces
 merely hacks like the examples above.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26571#comment:7>