[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26338: Twenty Fourteen: Consider to re-add the Header Text Customization Option when we remove the accent color option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 2 20:30:29 UTC 2013

#26338: Twenty Fourteen: Consider to re-add the Header Text Customization Option
when we remove the accent color option
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  iamtakashi     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Replying to [comment:4 DrewAPicture]:
 > That's kind of the point of "making it your own", isn't it? Who's to say
 the colors I pick are "messing up my site's design"? I say add it back in
 and leave it up to the theme's users to decide what colors work or don't.
 That's the essence of why I now think we should keep the accent color
 option in its current form (please comment on #26220), since it allows you
 to really make your site yours. But the ability to change the color of the
 site title, in comparison, does very little to customize the site. I
 interpret "decisions, not options", in the context of theme ''options'',
 as meaning that we should maximize the impact of the fewest controls
 possible; in this case, that would mean that we really shouldn't burden
 users with the site title color option since it doesn't do much and works
 against the design, but the accent color option works well with the design
 with almost any color choice, so we should highlight it and allow users to
 customize their site very efficiently with it.

 As for being able to hide the text, I think that's a good option to
 provide, but it's bound to the color option in core. If there were a
 better way than just removing the color option from the customizer
 ([http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/25540/25540.simple.diff
 25540.simple.diff], with a refresh) to decouple them, that would be my
 preference.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26338#comment:5>