[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26338: Twenty Fourteen: Consider to re-add the Header Text Customization Option when we remove the accent color option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 2 01:09:48 UTC 2013

#26338: Twenty Fourteen: Consider to re-add the Header Text Customization Option
when we remove the accent color option
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  iamtakashi     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 I'm still very against this, FWIW. There is really no reason to be able to
 change the header text color and, like with the accent color, we're just
 offering an easy way to mess up your site's design by picking a bad or
 low-contrast color.

 The accent color is only related to this in that this is a very useless
 color option which was given the same weight as the very useful accent and
 background color options in the customizer. I'd really hate to see this
 effectively replace the accent color option.

 While there is some use for hiding the text, since these options are bound
 together I'd be in favor of leaving this as-is. Or, maybe we could do
 something like
 [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/25540/25540.simple.diff
 25540.simple.diff].

 One alternative option we could try: always hide the site title when the
 user is using a custom header?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26338#comment:2>