[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25153: Temporary directory (for installs, updates, etc.) is hard-coded instead of configurable

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 27 02:42:39 UTC 2013

#25153: Temporary directory (for installs, updates, etc.) is hard-coded instead of
configurable
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Synetech         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by nacin):

 > But it would be nice to control this without hacks, and it this the last
 hard coded piece here.

 I don't think we should support getting rid of the `wp-content` directory.
 What if we need it for some future thing? If not making this movable
 (which, really, there is no reason to do so) also enforces the need for a
 `wp-content` directory somewhere, then so be it, I think.

 I do wonder, if you're doing all of this, why are you using the upgrader?
 Why not version control and proper deployment?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25153#comment:7>