[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25153: Temporary directory (for installs, updates, etc.) is hard-coded instead of configurable

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 27 02:09:58 UTC 2013

#25153: Temporary directory (for installs, updates, etc.) is hard-coded instead of
configurable
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Synetech         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by toscho):

 I think, we don’t need to change the current way if it works good enough.
 But it would be nice, if we could get a little bit more control.
 If I set a constant `WP_UPGRADE_DIR` in my `wp-config.php` I am
 responsible for the tests. WordPress could then use this path if the
 constant is defined or fall back to the current default.

 Something like this:

 {{{
 function wp_upgrade_dir() {

         if ( defined( 'WP_UPGRADE_DIR' ) && is_writable( WP_UPGRADE_DIR )
 )
                 return WP_UPGRADE_DIR;

         return WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/upgrade';'
 }