[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25031: Twenty Fourteen: Make the content sidebar optional and expand the main content area when there is no widget specified for the sidebar.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 20 18:06:15 UTC 2013

#25031: Twenty Fourteen: Make the content sidebar optional and expand the main
content area when there is no widget specified for the sidebar.
-------------------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  iamtakashi                           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by RDall):

 If were going to always have the sidebar in the front page but also going
 to have the featured image going from left to right the image will end
 with white space if the sidebar doesn't flow as long as the content. eg >>
 http://cl.ly/image/0N3w0t2C0315

 This is completely normal for most themes which have a sidebar. But if the
 content is going to stretch across the content area of the site then the
 featured image should be enlarged to the full width of the content area as
 well.

 eg. My hacked together mockup. http://cl.ly/image/3N1x1J1S3t3O

 If someone wants to have a sidebar but only has one small widget I don't
 think we should accommodate for that… In a sense an all or nothing
 scenario…

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25031#comment:9>