[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25031: Twenty Fourteen: Make the content sidebar optional and expand the main content area when there is no widget specified for the sidebar.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 14 01:04:25 UTC 2013

#25031: Twenty Fourteen: Make the content sidebar optional and expand the main
content area when there is no widget specified for the sidebar.
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  iamtakashi     |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:  needs-patch
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Currently the theme has some default widgets for the content sidebar so
 it's always there (Except the full with page template). I think it would
 be great if the sidebar gets removed when there is no widget specified for
 the sidebar in the widget admin, and the main content area expands to the
 right. Similar to how Twenty Twelve does.

 I've seen some sites using customised Further that removed the sidebar.
 For example:

 http://chicandgeek.com/tag/questionnaire/

 http://vfxserbia.com/2013/08/12/test-simulacija-vode-bazuka-ivan/

 SInce the theme has another sidebar this could be a good idea.